Thursday, February 25, 2010

Author's Note

I completed these blogs for my senior project. After a research paper on how gender roles affect children, I wavered for a long time on how to present my research. I settled on blogs because I think they are the most concise, organized way to present the material. My goal was to educate people on various forms of gender deviance, to make a more accepting environment for those who do not identify with male or female.

As for my reason in choosing gender, I identify as transgendered, and will soon have done so for two years. For a long time, I struggled with my gender identity, and now that I can be objective enough to look at data, I realize that if I had the information available to me then, I might have had an easier time coming to terms with myself. While I still face the issues a person who falls outside gender faces in a binary system, the support of my friends and family have led me through the hardest part, accepting myself. I hope that the information I've presented here will not only help people struggling with their own sex/gender, but will also open minds that were previously closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment